The very beginning!

Hey Everybody,

Before I start this post off I just want to thank everyone for all the support and kind messages I've received since starting the blog.  Its been a roller coaster of emotions from nerves to excitement but I'm so glad I did it.  I have so many ideas for blog posts and can't wait to share them with you all!
So I signed up to do a make-up artistry course in December with La Beaute Make-up Studio and training centre I will leave a link down below if your interested in make-up like me they have so many different course types to suit everyone's taste it's well worth a look.
The one I decided to do was the homestudy course because it just suited me best.  I can do all the work from home and take as much time as I need to complete it.  Which is ideal cause if your a mom like me trying to plan something or stick to a deadline is almost always impossible.  
I received my first module nearly right away after signing up and I was literally so excited  I found myself doing my sons happy dance the same one he does when he gets excited about food! Ha! It was an instant reaction one when I look back on it now highlights just how embarrassing I've become! Anyways, I apologise now for any rambling because when I get excited about something that's what tends to happen. 
Back to the course, my first module is all about the basics how to match foundation, highlight and contouring, how to build your kit etc. So many new things for me and I've learnt so much already.
What I'm really focusing on this week is my make-up desk work area and storage.  I'm setting up my work area in the spare room its still a work-in-progress but you got to start somewhere right?  I've been scouring the internet for make-up storage containers and they can get quite expensive.  Although they are so pretty and nice to look at I just can't justify paying so much for them.  So in turn I've come up with some cheap alternative ways of storing your make-up.  I do apologise in advance as I don't know how much I paid for some of the stuff as I have them quite a while.  I basically used things I had laying around the house.  Here's what I've got so far...


I'm sure if your a make-up fanatic like me you will have endless amounts of make-up palettes so I just got this clear basket in deals for 1.49! It is a complete bargain and it just helps to keep them altogether, easy to view and grab when I need them!


Next I had to find somewhere to store my make-up brushes, mascaras, eyeliners and lipliners.  Believe it or not these are all candle holders! Candle holders come in all different designs,shapes and sizes and I think they just make the most adorable displays for my make-up items.  I got the white wicker and glass metallic heart candle holders in my local Home Focus at Hickeys! These were bought last year so I don't remember how much they were but I know they were super inexpensive.


My lipsticks are stored in a q-tip container!  It was the perfect size to stand my lipsticks upright so I could view the colours easily.  If you wanted to use this for your lipsticks you could decorate it using a ribbon of your choice and tie it around in a bow to the front!  I think this is a super cute idea and once I get my hands on some ribbon I'll be doing just that!


My q-tips are displayed in two small little tea light candle holders!  As you can see I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff and why not they look cute, there super inexpensive and they do exactly what I need them to.  I got these little ones in Tescos when I first moved out over 2 and a half years ago now but I'm sure you will find similar ones in your local homeware stores.


Sorry for this not so great picture but I feel this is a must have for anyone interested in make-up! A magnifying mirror tells all! I use my No7 mirror religiously everyday and I would be truly lost without it.  I purchased this last year in boots during the Christmas sales so I got it at an absolute bargain price of 20.00.  It was reduced down from 60.00!  How could you not buy it?


So this is my work area!  It still looks a bit all over the place as I still have to find somewhere to display my bronzers, highlighters and blushes but I do have a few D.I.Y projects up my sleeve that may solve all my storage problems.  Once I've tried and tested them  I will be sure to make a post about it. 
Overall, this week has been crazy exciting, I am so happy with where I am in life and everything I've got going on at the moment!  I guess I'm feeling very blessed that I'm in a position to study from home and not miss a minute of Cailan's life!  His birthday is coming up soon aswell and I can't believe he's going to be 2!  The time has really flown by.  
I hope you enjoyed this post and if you did you should stick around its only onward and upwards from here.


Until next time,
Lisa.
x

La beaute Makeup Studio and training centre
http://www.labeautemakeup.com/

P.S you will also find me on the following...
My Facebook Page





Comments

Popular Posts