Planning a 2 year olds birthday party...

Hey Everyone.


My little cookie monster is turning 2!  So I said I would give you a quick update to what I'm at this week and it's all about planning his party.  It's honestly scary how fast the time is flying.  Hes gone from being this tiny little newborn to a strong, destructive, cuddly funny 2 year old that has the most caring and loving personalty.  I'll be writing a blog about his first day of school before I know it!  But before I get too ahead of myself I thought I'd share with you a little planning I did for his party.  It's nothing to extravagant but it's all he could want and more.
So just like his first birthday party I found half the fun was in the planning and preparation.  I don't know if it's just me but I love to plan ahead and be organised but this time I'm after leaving everything relatively to the last minute!  There's just so much going on at the moment alot of exciting stuff that I can't wait to share with you all :)
So because He is only turning 2 he hasn't really grasped the concept of birthdays yet.  To Cailan, a birthday is just a day where you get to play with loads of balloon's, blow out candles and eat some cake.  Just like every soon-to-be 2 year old's view should be!  
I'm not planning a huge party as there is not many small children on both side's of our family so there's just really no need.  However, all our family and friends are coming so they'll all be their to help Cailan celebrate his special day.  The party is falling the day of his birthday which is a Sunday because it's a day that suits all and its going to be at our house.  It's roughly going to be between 1-2 hours and filled with games. activity's and plenty of cuppa's for the adults!  
Cailan is obsessed with Fireman Sam at the moment so we decided we would go with that theme.  With that in mind I headed to Partyworld to see if they stocked Fireman Sam party decorations and they did but had none in stock.  The girls down their were just so lovely and helpful and explained I could order the stuff in from the website and get it delivered to the store.  I didn't know they had a website and was so relieved to know I would have the stuff the next day.  If order before 4pm it will be delivered to the store of your choice the very next day which is very handy for anyone leaving it until the last minute like me.  I'll leave a link down below for anyone who is planning a party they also have 25% their online store so well worth a look if you have any occasion coming up.  Anyways I got pretty much everything I needed there like a tablecloth, plates, balloons, banner, candles, the works really!

Now for the cake and party favors I do plan on making it myself.  I got his cake made for his first party and it was fab but really want to dab my hand at it.  Now I'm no Mary Berry but I can't wait to give it a try.  I have a few ideas as to what to bake but I haven't made any final decisions.  I would love to attempt to make a number 2 cake.  Just like this one...
How cool would that be?  Then I could just decorate it myself to tie in with the Fireman Sam theme.  The other option I'm toying with is like a chocolate cake decorated with his favorite chocolate or a double tier cake something like these...

How cute is the 2nd picture?  Don't know if I have the culinary skills to pull it off though but just how amazing would it be to make something like this yourself?  It's definitely my favorite and the one im leaning towards at the moment.  I found these pictures on Google images which I use to search for pretty much everything!  I've still yet to decide which cake or how to decorate it.  I might keep it plain and simple by sticking to colour's that fit the theme or go all out, this pretty much depends on how creative I feel on the day of making it so fingers crossed it go's okay.  
For the party favors I plan on making special treat bags for the kids and small little treats for the adults to take-away as a thank you for coming.  This idea I've seen around facebook I think they are just so cute and would be very easy to make their called Candy kebobs.  They are pretty much just jellies on a skewer stick such a simple idea but yet they look so cool and let's face it who doesn't love a little sweat treat every once and a while!  These would be just for the adults as I would not give a child a skewer for obvious reasons.  Here is an example of them...
There cute right?
Food wise I just plan on doing finger food such as sandwiches, sausage rolls, rice-crispy buns and a selection of fruits sliced and diced, there will be something for everyone. 
As you can see it's going to be nothing hectic just plenty of fun and games for the kids and a chilled and happy environment for everyone! 
If you have any birthday tips or ideas for a young child's party please let me know I would love to hear them.  I'll post follow up picture's of how the cake turns out, how the house looks with all the decorations and most importantly the birthday boy on his big day!  So stick around :)


Until next time,
Lisa.
x

Link to the Partyworld Website...
Partyworld

P.S you will also find me on the following...
My Facebook Page
My Pinterest



Comments

Popular Posts