A week of highs and lows, and how it changed my outlook on life!

Hey Everyone, 


This week has been stressful to say the least, hence why there was lack of activity on my Facebook page and hardly any blog posts.  So I guess today's post is more of an update on the week and how it all is now. :)
I'll start off with some of the good which is actually better then good it's bloody AMAZING there is now over 3000 of you over on my Facebook page!  That is crazy and thank you so much for all your support with the page and blog it truly means the absolute world to me! I love hearing your feedback and many of you always ask me is it okay to ask... Stop right there of course it is!  I will answer any questions you may have and help you in any way I can.  Don't be hesitant I have already met some amazing people through my blog and I am more then thankful for that!
If you have't joined me from my Facebook page then head over and give the page a like.  I update it daily, you will find a link down below.

So Wednesday was just like any other day, it was miserable out and I was in a humor because I didn't want to be stuck in all day I wanted to get out and do something with Cailan and Lee.   We decided to put on some lunch and wait and see if the rain would ease off and make a plan then.  Lee fried up some mackerel that we got and it smelt amazing although afterwards the house stunk of fish until the following the day!  Anyways, we sat down and tucked into it there was a lot of tiny bones which were more annoying  then anything else so I just gave Lee mine and he ate it.  Almost straight after having the fish lee began to feel strange.  He began to find it hard to swallow and then just got a massive migraine out of know where.  I was convinced it was just a migraine and was telling him to go up for a lie down. (I have been suffering with them this pregnancy and I know how awful they are and thought it might help him).  But thank god he didn't no later then 5 minutes after he began to turn siren red all over his face, down his neck, back and arms.  His throat was now numb and and so was his tongue!  
We both new something was wrong! Me trying not to panic but inside I swear I was freaking out because I ate the fish too.  100 million different things raced through my head in the space of a few seconds... Will I have a reaction?  Is the baby okay?  What if I'm okay but the baby has a reaction?  Is lee reacting to the fish or isit something else? Where the hell is the ambulance?
  I am really not good in situations like that.  Cailan was running around the house wanting to play football it was really just manic.  I got on the phone to my mam straight away luckily my parents only live a 5-10 minute walk away.  I explained it all and told her I need her to mind Cai that I was going to have to go with Lee to the hospital.  My mam was here like a shot, shortly followed by the ambulance men who I have to say were just amazing!  Lee was seen too straight away and was stabilised in the ambulance before we got to the hospital.  
Lee had gone into Anaphylactic Shock.  Never before did he have a reaction to mackerel or any type of food for that matter.  It was just aswell we rang the ambulance as it was a very serious reaction he had.  He was treated in hospital and given anti-biotics for the next couple of days.  Thank god he was okay!

When you deal with a situation like that it really pulls you back down to earth!  Like how stupid was I being in a humor because we couldn't do anything in the rain.  I literally went from being hormonal and annoying to wondering if my boyfriend was going to be okay?  I will never forget it as long as I live and I can tell you another thing there won't be another piece of mackerel that will see the inside walls of my house ever again!

Life is just too short and precious to be spent worrying, stressing and being annoyed for no reason. 
Go buy yourself them shoes you were debating on, go enroll in the course you have always wanted to do but have never had the balls too.  
JUST GO AND DO IT!  
Tell that special person you love them!  Give your kid that kiss and cuddle they think there too old for they will thank you for it later!
Whatever it is for you just do it, whether its finally getting around to making that recipe for dinner or climbing Mount Everest! 

My whole outlook on life has been changed.  I am a massive believer in everything happens for a reason even if you can't see why at the time.  
Hopefully you all can take away something with you from reading this post because I know I have.





Until next time,
Lisa.
x

P.S you will also find me on the following...
My Facebook Page
My Pinterest



Comments

  1. Gosh that's awful you must have got some fright, I hope he is doing ok now xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts