My top beauty tips using.... Vaseline!

Hey my lovelys :)


So every household has a jar of vaseline laying about the place especially if your a mom!  I done a post a while back on should you be buying your baby products in the baby aisle? and it was pretty popular! If you missed it just click the link above and give it a read! One of the products I featured in the post was a jar of vaseline as I found myself reaching for it out of the changing bag more times for me then Cailan!
Years and years ago vaseline was regarded as one of the must have top beauty products every women should not be without.   However in todays increasing world of cosmetics vaseline has been somewhat forgotten about.  So before you go out and spend crazy money on products why not have a try of vaseline first?



Makeup Remover - So one thing I struggle to remove when taking off my makeup is my lipstick especially if I'm wearing a darker colour on my lip as it tends to stain.  Using vaseline while removing your makeup will lift the colour right off. Which is way better then leaving the residue of lipstick on your lips which will only dry them out by morning.  It is also great for removing the rest of your makeup too I just prefer to use it on my lips!

Make you perfume last longer - We all have that problem right?  When we spray our favourite perfume on but only end up smelling it for like 10 minutes?  Well is you rub some vaseline to the areas where you apply your perfume the scent will be sure to last all day!

Softer lips -  I'm pretty sure everyone in the world knows how great vaseline is for your lips but if you don't you really need to start using it.  I keep a little tin of vaseline in my beside locker and you can get these cute little tins in lots of flavours such as Aloe Vera, Cocoa Butter and Rose to name but a few.  Just apply a small bit to your lips every night before you go to sleep and you will never suffer from chapped lips again.  This is also a great tip for winter and summer so the cold air and hot sun doesn't dry them out. 

Dry skin - I don't usually suffer from dry skin but this pregnancy around I've noticed my elbows are so, so dry!  Again at night I've just been applying a small bit of vaseline to the dried out areas and its been helping to keep my elbows smooth and moisturised! 

Apply before your lotions - Using vaseline before you apply your lotion will help lock in the lotion and make it last longer on your skin as it forms a stronger base.  This is particularly helpful if you sffer from dry skin if you apply the vaseline to the dry areas it will help the lotion work for longer on your skin giving it better treatment!

Longer lashes - Grab your a q-tip and apply a small amount of vaseline to the top!  All you have to do then is apply to your lashes.  This treatment really does work I've been doing this for a couple of weeks now and I've really noticed the difference!  Years ago when I was small I thought my lashes were to long so I cut them! I know, I know the horror but with the help of the vaseline I have seen a very noticeable difference :)


Hope you guys enjoyed these beauty tips and tricks :)




Until next time,
Lisa.
x

P.S you will also find me on the following...

Comments

  1. Fab tips and I didn't know about half of them! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vaseline is a barrier so you really shouldn't put it on before your expensive serums and creams. It may be an idea to put it on over them though to seal the moisture in...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not talking about lathering it on just a small dab into your hands after your shower or bath will lock in the moisture of the water :) Then if you wish to apply serums or a moisturiser on top the vaseline acts like a base over the dry areas giving you better treatment! :)

      Delete
    2. I'm not talking about lathering it on just a small dab into your hands after your shower or bath will lock in the moisture of the water :) Then if you wish to apply serums or a moisturiser on top the vaseline acts like a base over the dry areas giving you better treatment! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts