Why I started blogging!



I've been asked alot lately and almost weekly on snapchat how and why I got into blogging so I thought I would sit down and write a post on it.

I have in the past quickly touched base on this but never got into the full detail of why I began this amazing journey.  I call it a journey because I have gotten to do and see some amazing things in the last year and a half that I have been blogging and I feel like its still only beginning in a weird sense.

So it all started way back when about 4 years ago I suppose is when I really decided I wanted to blog.  From there I made email addresses, tumblr accounts and even a blog on wordpress.  I Would take a hug leap forward and create a name and a blog host and then chicken out and just never go back to it.  I mean I did this on and off for over 2 years!  Crazy I know but every time I got some sort of confidence to do it, I just got anxious and nervous and completely over thought everything and I would just back away from the laptop.  I knew it was always something I wanted to do but I let the fear of what others would think of me hold me back and it really wasn't until I was pregnant on my second child that I just finally got the nerve to do it.

Okay so rewind back to that time in my life which is just over a year and a half now.  I was at home, Lee was working, I was looking after a 1 and a half year old and pregnant.  The only conversation I would have daily was with Cai my 1 and a half year old with very limited vocab.  I started feeling so alone, I literally had nothing for myself.  This was before the makeup and the blog.  So that Christmas Lee surprised me with a makeup course.  He had known how much and for long I have wanted to train as a makeup artist so I was so ecstatic and over moon.  The best present I think I ever got to be honest.  It was around that time starting a blog crept back into my mind again yet again.  However this time I felt different.
In a way I just felt like it was the right time I had so much going on now.  I was pregnant with my second child so felt like I could share all about my experience as a mom and what its like to be a pregnant mom of 1.  I also then had the makeup course, something I had wanted to do for the longest time and now I'm finally getting to do it.  I felt refreshed and after that Christmas I was pulled out of the gloomy slump I was in.

Being a mom does not mean you have to give up you.  It does not mean you have to stop doing the things you love and it certainly means you don't have to give up on your hopes and dreams.  For a while I thought being a good mom was living your life for your kids and no one else including yourself.  I felt myself fade away for a while and I really became depended on Lee as my everything.  Being a mom has and will always be the greatest thing I will ever do but it does not mean that it has to be the only thing I ever do.

So one night a sat in bed and began of oh to familiar routine, I started toying with blog names, made an email and then created a blog.  Firstly though, I wrote to Emma who writes the blog Mastering Your Makeup.   She was the first person from Waterford that I knew who was blogging and I wrote to her for some advice.  Thats why when people write to me I know how they are feeling oh too well.  Anyways Emma gave me some amazing advice and was literally so nice and patient with me.  She advised me on the basics I needed.
I sat and wrote my first blog post a quick introduction to myself and what I hoped to blog about.  I still remember it as clear as day.  Lee was down in his uncles and he must of gotten about a million phone calls that evening.  ''Lee what do you think of this name'',  ''Lee what should I say'',  ''Lee will I post it'', ''Lee I just posted it'',  ''Lee I'm freaking out'', haha.   He must of been fit to kill me looking back on it all.

I remembering sitting in the bed freaking out not knowing what was going to follow.  Then the support rolled in from friends, family and even strangers.  Congratulating me and wishing me all the best!  I could not of predicted the positive response I got that night.  It was overwhelming.
It was from there then that my blog grew and I got to meet some amazing people some I even call good friends.
Even when I started blogging there was only a handful of active bloggers blogging in Waterford.  I created a group on Facebook which is now called DeiseBloggers and it has grown into a community of local bloggers who support and help each other.  Myself and Jodi from Jodi Roche Makeup and Rachael from Rachsbeautique organised two amazing Deisebloggers events the first one having a helping hand from Emma.

As I've said so many amazing things has happened since I started blogging and I certainly would never look back.  I wanted to sit down and write this post because I know there are so many of you out there that are now in the position I once was.  If you want something go and get it.  You should never let anything hold you back especially fear.


I will leave you with this quote from one of my favourite movies ever.



Lisa x


Snapchat - CuddleNContour

Comments

Popular Posts