Self Care Sunday



Self Care Sundays

Recently I decided that I was going to start taking care of myself more.  It sounds simple I know but being a part time working mum of 2, life is crazy and I don't really get any time for self care.  I decided I would start off doing little things and now its developed into a new Sunday routine. I thought I would share with you some things that I do that helps me recoup after a long week and prepare myself for a new one to come.  Its very true what they say a Sunday well spent brings a week of content.

Tea & A Hot Breakfast

So simple right?  But for me normally I'm just grabbing a cereal bar or holding myself out until lunch as the school run is so hectic.  So when it comes to the weekend I love nothing more then waking up and spending a little extra time in bed. (The joys of not having to change a nappy or make a bottle) Don't worry momma if your still in that stage, your extra few minutes in bed aren't too far away! Sitting down as a family and having a nice warm breakfast and a cup of tea is exactly how you need to spend your Sunday morning.


Blitz The House

Okay so last thing I want to be doing is cleaning however I set aside 1 hour of my Sunday, normally right after breakfast and I give each room in the house a blitz.  I will also take care of any major cleaning that has to be done for the week ahead like washing clothes, bleaching toilets, changing bed sheets etc. This way you start into a new week with a clean house.  I've always said it clean house, clear mind and for me its so true.  If my house is messy or cluttered I will begin to feel anxious and on edge and trust me you do not want to start any week off like that. 


Light Your Favourite Candle

I don't know about you but I do love a good candle.  The lighting, the mood it sets, the smell everything!  So get your candles out and get burning.


Plan The Week Ahead

I have falling in love with my planner the last couple of months.  It's something I've always kind of done but have never really used it as a tool to help keep myself on track.  I use it now for everything such as setting my weekly & monthly budgets to planning and organising the week ahead.  By doing this I go into the week knowing what I need to do and whats coming up.  I normally start off by filling in anything that I have already planned that week such as play dates, meeting up with a friend, doctors appointments etc.  As a Mam its important I keep track of everything otherwise I will forget things or double book myself and be expected to be in two places at once!  Being more organised in my head and in my planner gives my a lot of focus going into the new week. Then every night I will right myself little lists of things to do for the following day.  I can do a separate blog post on this if you would like just let me know below!


Talk A Walk

Taking a quick 15 minute can do wonders for your mind & body.  However coming into the more Autumn months now I'm hoping to get out early with the boys and do a family walk.  


Netflix Binge

  There is nothing I love more, let me repeat this, NOTHING I love more then to sit down in my sitting room, candles lit, wrapped in my cosy unicorn hooded blanket, eating a few snacks and binge watching a new series on Netflix.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, so kick your feet and enjoy.  Taking a few hours out where your mind doesn't really have to think for itself can be so therapeutic.


Do A Face Mask

This one is pretty self explanatory.  I try to do at least 1 face mask every week.  Before I had kids I did face masks all the time and now they feel like such a luxury to me.  Its important to look after yourself and you shouldn't every feel guilty about taking time out to look after you.  Its all about how you look at self care, I had to change my whole way of thinking about it because before I had the boys I would of thought nothing about buying myself whatever I wanted or desired but now I always weigh it up...''well do I really need it?'' or ''Could buy the boys something out of that money instead!'' so now instead of thinking that self care is indulgent I now think of it as an important part of my survival.  If I don't look after myself, my mind or my body then how can I look after anyone else? 


Do something You've Been Putting Off

This comes back to the whole Sunday well spent concept.  If you complete a task you've been putting off for whatever reason whether it be not having enough time or you've just been side lining it for so long then there's no time like your Sunday to do it.  Completing a task you've been putting off will give you a great sense of achievement and trust me if its only something small like sorting out that dreaded odd sock basket or renovating the spare room you will be elated with yourself and what better way of self care can you get then self praise?


Take A Nap

This is something I don't do nearly as often as I would like because the honest truth of it is I find it too hard to justify taking time out for a nap when there is always something that needs to be done.  Well let me tell you something I've found out... it will still be there when you wake up.  Sometimes all you need to feel well rested is a quick power nap.  Nothing keeps the mind and body fresher then sleep so don't ever hesitate to take time out and nap!


Take A Bath

Okay so this one for me is so important because during the week I simply don't have time to hop into a bath.  It is always a quick shower.  So once that weekend hits I literally live for my bath bombs and my fancy bath soaps.  This is normally when I do all of my pamper bits like exfoliate the weeks worth of stress off my body and do my hair hair masks etc.  I literally can't explain how vital that 30 minute bath is for me!  It gives me time to sit with my thoughts and sort out things that have been on my mind all week.  So get your luxurious lotions and potions off display and put them to use! 



So that is some of the things I have been doing lately to take care of myself better!  I hope from reading this that you take some things away with you!  The most important one I hope you take away is just how important self care really is!  For me its all about my mind frame.  Taking the time out of a Sunday to be with myself or doing something for myself is exactly what I need to get me into the new week feeling happy, prepared and positive about whats to come.   Self care is not indulgent its vital for your survival remember that!



Until Next Time, 

Lisa. xO

You will also find me on the here...
My Facebook Page
My Pinterest

Comments

  1. I wanted to post you the little bit of word in order to say thanks a lot over again for your pleasant methods you’ve contributed at this time. It’s quite seriously open-handed with people like you to offer openly precisely what a few individuals could possibly have offered for sale as an ebook in order to make some bucks for themselves, particularly considering the fact that you could possibly have tried it if you ever decided. The tips in addition acted as the great way to recognize that many people have a similar dream just like mine to know good deal more regarding this matter. I am certain there are numerous more enjoyable situations in the future for people who examine your site.
    kithcen linen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts